Stormwater Pond Credit
Thống kê Xổ số Kiến GiangREMINDER: Remember that previously applied Stormwater pond credits expire June 30. Please submit proper inspection documentation to prevent discontinuation of any Stormwater credits. If you have any questions, please contact 706-855-7246.
How Can I Qualify For A Credit Against My Fee?
A stormwater credit is a reduction in the monthly stormwater utility service fee. The overall goal of the County is to give a credit to property owners that are reducing the impact of stormwater generated by their property. By reducing the peak discharge of stormwater from their property, through either a retention or detention facility such as a pond, property owners are helping the County protect properties downstream by complying with the Federal National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit requirements, property owners are helping the County improve water quality. Columbia County is offering two types of credits for this assistance: Peak Flow Reduction Credit (also know as a pond credit) and NPDES Water Quality Credit. The maximum amount of credit available is 50% of the total stormwater utility monthly service fee.
It is the property owner or HOA/POA's responsibility to submit the appropriate Operation and Maintenance Inspection Report (Appendix C-1 or C-2) annually to continue receiving credit. Failure to submit the required information will result in discontinuation of the credit on the next billing cycle.
The Service Charge Credit Technical ManualThống kê Xổ số Kiến Giang provides guidance on the specific procedures to follow to receive the service credit.
For residential (non-engineered) pond credits, the property owner(s) must complete the following forms and submit them to the Stormwater Utility Department:
1. Appendix A - Stormwater Utility Credit Application Form including a sketch of the property(ies) showing the location of the pond on the property(ies),
2. Appendix B - Permanent Stormwater System Maintenance and Inspection Agreement, including Maintenance and Inspection Plan, and
3. Appendix C-1 - Operation and Maintenance Inspection Report for Non-Engineered Residential Ponds.
For non-residential (engineered) pond credits, the property owner must complete the following forms and submit them to the Stormwater Utility Department:
1. Appendix A - Stormwater Utility Credit Application Form including a sketch of the property(ies) showing the location of the pond on the property(ies). If a Property Owner's Association (POA) is seeking credit, a list of the properties which are included in the POA must be attached to the application,
2. Appendix B - Permanent Stormwater System Maintenance and Inspection Agreement, including Maintenance and Inspection Plan,
3. Appendix C-2 - Operation and Maintenance Inspection Report for Engineered Stormwater Management Ponds, and
4. Appendix D - Credit Calculation Form.
If approved, your credit will appear on your next Stormwater Utility bill. If you have been denied, a letter will be sent to you explaining why you have not qualified for the credit. Please email our Customer Service Department or call our office at 706-855-RAIN (7246) for additional information.